Launch Competition Terms & Conditions
BY ENTERING INTO THE WAYFARING GROUP PTY LTD ABN 62 614 467 739 (“WAYFARERS ATLAS”) LAUNCH COMPETITION (“COMPETITION”), YOU (“THE ENTRANT”) AGREE TO THESE RULES, WHICH SET OUT THE DETAILS OF THE COMPETITION, AND FORM PART OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE COMPETITION. WHERE IT IS NOT EXPRESSLY STATED, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE COMPETITION ARE IMPLIED. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE COMPETITION.
- COMPETITION TITLE
The Competition’s title is “The Wayfarers Atlas Launch Competition”.
- COMPETITION PERIOD
The Competition commences on 5th April 2019 and will run for four (4) weeks, and the Prize Draw will be drawn on 5th May 2019. If the Competition Period is extended, we will send email notifications and announce it on the Wayfarers Atlas (the “Promoter”) website (www.wayfarersatlas.com) (“Website”) and through our social media platforms.
- HOW TO ENTER
To enter the Competition, submit the competition entry form on the Wayfarers Altas website (www.wayfarersatlas.com/competition/) and sign up to the Wayfarers Altas database to receive their newsletter. Entries for the Prize Draw will be taken throughout the Competition Period
- WHO MAY ENTER
(a) Anyone over the age of eighteen (18) may enter the Competition. If you are entering on behalf of a minor, you must be the parent or legal guardian, and when making your booking, ensure you are aware of any age restrictions or requisites that may be relevant for certain destinations.
(b) All entries must be online through the Promoter’s Website. Entry is open to residents of all countries, though the Competition is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations, and therefore is void where prohibited. Entrants are responsible to ensure that they are compliant with the laws and regulations of their place of residence when entering the Competition, and aware of any restrictions that may be relevant to entry.
(c) Entrants may submit one (1) entry only. Entries made on behalf of a group must include the identities of all individual members of the group and will be counted as one (1) entry. The individual submitting the entry will be deemed the Entrant. Individual members of a group are not permitted to make separate entries. Automated computer-generated or other such inauthentic entries, whether digitally automated or not, will not be accepted and those responsible, will be disqualified.
- COMPETITION PRIZES
The Competition Prizes include:
- A two (2) night stay at Halcyon House, Cabarita Beach for two (2) people. The winner will stay in a ‘Classic’ room with breakfast included; and
- One (1) Vouch Surfboard – Displacement Hull 6’6”, includes fin.
(a) On 5 May 2019, the names of the Entrants for the Prize Draw will be put into a pool and the Winner will be randomly selected from the pool.
(b) The Promoter may, at their sole discretion, offer any unclaimed Prizes to another Entrant in the pool that is randomly selected from the pool.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIM
(a) The Winner of the Prize Draw will be notified within seven (7) days of the Judging Date (“Prize Date”), via email.
(b) To claim the Prizes, the Winner may be requested to provide proof of identity and proof of residency for delivery. The Winner will have fourteen (14) days after the Prize Date to claim their Prize (“Prize Claim Date”).
(c) The Winner will claim the prize by booking their two (2) night stay at Halcyon House with the Promoter. The Vouch Surfboard can either be shipped to the Winner in advance of their booking or collected at Halcyon House during their stay. The Winner must elect how they wish to receive the Vouch Surfboard.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BY ENTERING INTO THE WAYFARING GROUP PTY LTD ABN 62 614 467 739 (“WAYFARERS ATLAS”) LAUNCH COMPETITION (“COMPETITION”), YOU (“THE ENTRANT”) AGREE YOU ARE BOUND BY THE LEGAL NOTICES, ACCESSIBLE AT WWW.WAYFARERSATLAS.COM/LEGALNOTICES (“AGREEMENT”). THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE COMPETITION AND THE COMPETITION RULES FORM PART OF THE AGREEMENT, AND WHERE IT IS NOT EXPRESSLY STATED, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE AGREEMENT ARE IMPLIED. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE COMPETITION.
- These Terms and Conditions, all other information provided prior to entering the Competition, and the Competition Rules form part of the Terms and Conditions. Participation in the Competition is deemed acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. All entries that do not comply with the Terms and Conditions will be deemed invalid.
- The Competition will be conducted by Wayfarers Atlas (“the Promoter”).
- The Terms and Conditions may be amended or replaced by the Promoter in its absolute discretion and at any time.
- To enter the Competition, the Entrant must be 18 years old or over. If you are entering on behalf of a minor, you must be their parent or legal guardian.
- Entry is open only to residents of a country who comply with any entry restrictions specified in these Terms and Conditions. The competition is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations, and therefor is void where prohibited. Entrants are responsible to ensure that they are compliant with the laws and regulations of their place of residence when entering the Competition. The Promoter will not be liable for individual Entrants.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating retailers and agencies associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first (1st) cousin.
- The Promoter reserves the right to reject any entry submitted to the Competition. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, disqualify:
(a) any entry which is not completed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, infringes the Intellectual Property Rights of any third party, contains any objectionable or poor-quality content, or has the potential to damage the reputation of any person; or
(b) any individual who tampers with the entry process, submits an entry that is not in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, or who has in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in unlawful or improper conduct that is designed to, or is likely to, adversely affect the fair and proper conduct of the Competition or is generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promoter.
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
(a) to disqualify any Entrant; or
(b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Entries containing errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- The Competition will be conducted during the Competition Period. To enter the Competition, Entrants must follow “How to Enter” in the Competition Rules and comply with all other applicable requirements during the Competition Period. All entries must be submitted to the Promoter during the Competition Period. The Promoter may, at their discretion, extend the Competition Period.
- Entrants may only submit one entry. Entries made on behalf of a group must include the identities of all individual members of the group and will be counted as one entry. The individual submitting the entry will be deemed the Entrant. Individual members of a group are not permitted to make separate entries. Automated computer-generated or other such inauthentic entries, whether digitally automated or not, will not be accepted and those responsible, disqualified.
- Entries are deemed received at the time of receipt via the Promoter’s database. The Promoter is not responsible for the receipt of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information caused by an Entrant or occurring during transmission. The Promoter has no obligation to acknowledge or return the entry.
- The Entrant warrants their entry is in no way obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encouraging of conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability, or violate any law.
- The Promoter reserves the right to reject any entry submitted to the Competition. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, disqualify: any entry which is not completed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or the Rules, or who has in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in unlawful or improper conduct that is designed to, or is likely to, adversely affect the fair and proper conduct of the Competition or is generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promoter.
- The Entrant confirms and warrants that they have full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and is not prohibited in any way from entering this Competition.
- The Entrant hereby indemnify the Promoter from and against any and all costs and damages incurred as a result of any breach of the representations and warranties made by the Entrant herein.
- As a condition of accepting the Prize, the Winner (and his or her companions) must sign any legal documentation necessary, and in the form required by the Promoter.
- Entrants agree, at the Promoter’s request, to participate in reasonable promotional activity surrounding the Competition or the winning of any Prize, free of charge, and consent, to the Promoter using their name and image in marketing or promotional materials, where appropriate.
- The Winners shall be determined in accordance with the Competition Rules and shall be notified in accordance with the “Winner Notification and Prize Claim” section of the Competition Rules.
- The judgment decision is final and binding upon all Entrants and no correspondence with any non-winning Entrant will be entered into. Entrants who are not Winners will not receive any notification at all. The Promoter will contact the Winners in accordance with the “Winner Notification and Prize Claim” section of the Competition Rules to arrange for delivery of the Prize.
- The Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a Winner is unable to use or claim the Prize as stated. Each Prize is not transferable to another person (unless agreed to by the Promoter) or exchangeable for other goods and services and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The Competition is in no way linked to Halcyon House or Vouch Surf, neither of which are partners of the Promoter and have not sponsored the Competition.
- The Prize does not include airfares and cannot be booked on block out dates, namely during school and public holidays. Additional costs incurred while staying at Halcyon House will be covered by the Winner, including but not limited to costs incurred at the bar, restaurant and spa. The room type and the length of stay can be upgraded at the Winner’s cost.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request Entrants to provide proof of identity, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity, at any time. Proof of identity, residency and/or entry validity considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion. If a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of any Entrant being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions, forfeiting or not claiming the Prize by the Prize Claim Date. If a Prize remains unclaimed or forfeited through ineligibility or otherwise, the Promoter will conduct further rounds of judging, as required, using the same process as the original judging on the next day, or as appropriate, after the Prize Claim Date. The alternate Winner shall be notified in accordance with the “Winner Notification and Prize Claim” section of the Competition Rules.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, at any time before the awarding of the Prizes to cancel or vary the Competition (including extending the Competition Period), or cancel, vary or withdraw its Prizes. If the Promoter cancels or varies the Competition, or cancels, varies or withdraws its Prizes, is not required to conduct the Competition at any other time.
- If the Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a gift to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional websites and mobile applications is the Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees, agents and sponsors) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; costs or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control), including any problems with any telephone, telephone or computer network, lines, servers, telephone or internet providers, traffic congestion on any phone or computer network, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the Entrants or any other person’s handset or computer related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this Competition;
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third-party interference;
(c) any claim or offer that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) any variation in gift value to that stated in the Competition Rules;
(e) any cancellation, variation or withdrawal of the Competition and/or Prizes by the Promoter;
(f) any tax liability incurred by an Entrant;
(g) use of a Prize; or
(h) any delay, Act of God, war, fire, earthquake, strike, sickness, accident, civil commotion or any other cause.
- This Agreement is governed by the law of New South Wales, Australia, and the Parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New South Wales, or other such competent courts, to resolve any dispute or claim arising from the Agreement.